Behind The Scenes 2 : Appreciation

Good things are just around the corner

Yes, like what we had promised, we provide the best to our children. From our party pack to our gifts and prizes. Everything is of good condition and brand new. 

These are the gifts from SWO given to our children. We are very happy as we managed to get sponsorship from the manufacturer on school bags as well as other school supplies. 

This year, we have received many applications from the underprivileged children who are in need and wants to study. 103 children were shortlisted.
SWO is sponsoring school supplies to 103 children in prepare for 2017 school year.
These are the things :
  1. School Bag
  2. Water Bottle
  3. Stationery
  4. School Uniforms
  5. Caps
Here, we have Under Armour, Nike, Adidas school bags ; Stainless Steel water bottle; Adidas and Nike cap. 


 Under Armour school bags + Stainless steel water bottle + Nike cap


Adidas school bag + Stainless Steel water bottle + Adidas cap


Nike school bag + Stainless Steel water bottle + Nike cap




And these are for our children
2 types of school uniforms, school bags, stainless steel bottle, pencil case, socks, school shoes and stationery. SO COOL RIGHT?! The kids will be so delightful to receive their gifts.

Besides that, SWO was giving out brand new MP4 to the lucky ones too. MP4 for the children to store their favourite music and e-books, and also able to do recording using MP4.


Many people do not understand why we are giving out so many gifts to our children. From top quality school bags to MP4. We are doing it not because we want to lavish our money on our children or to make them look lavish going to school. But because our children do not have the opportunity to enjoy these fine things, we decided to give these generous gift to them. Most of them have not seen a MP4 before, some do not even know what is a MP3.

Do you know that the children are so happy and get so hyped when they receive these gifts? The children wear their widest smile throughout the night, the moment when they receive their party pack until the moment they receive the gifts and prizes.

"Appreciation"
Sometimes you don't APPRECIATE what you have because you are too focused on what you want.

Most of the time, we don't appreciate what we already have, but we still want more.
What we want for ourselves, we are able to get it so easily. TOO EASY!
We want a car, we got it. 
We want a boyfriend/girlfriend, we had it.
We want marriage, we did it. 
We want education, we got it.

But do we appreciate what we have? Most of the time, NO. 

We want a car, but we complain  about it some time later.
We got a boyfriend/girlfriend , but we want more from him/her.
We got into marriage, but after that, we complain about each other, we argue, we fought.
We received education, but we complain, we flunk our exams.

But what do these children have?
They don't have a laptop; they don't have a computer; they don't have a play station; they don't have Nike/Adidas/UnderArmour ; they only uses plastic water bottle and they don't know what is TUPPERWARE nor BROS.

Their smile was priceless when they received their school supplies.

From this event, I realise that I am very fortunate all this while.

I want a laptop, I got it without working hard. 
I want a smartphone, I got it without paying with my own money.
I want a car, and I got it without paying anything.
Everything come to me, so easily. 

But I never appreciate it, never did I respected what I received.
I always want more, always one the "best" because I always THINK that the things I have are not the best, not the top quality products.

AND GUESS WHAT?
The more you do not appreciate, the more you do not respect what you received, you will face many problems and obstacles.

Let me share my experience to you.
Few years back, I bugged my dad to get me a smartphone. And he did. So I told him I want the best in terms of its features and specifications. Then, my dad bought me a  SONY mid-range smartphone, with normal camera, 4.4 inch display screen, and normal Dolby audio sound. I was so angry because it was not what I wanted, so I questioned him, but he said either I take it or he is going to give it to someone else. I have no choice, so I decided to use the phone.
In that period of time, I did not respected the phone nor appreciated it. I simply threw my phone and always hoping to get a better phone than it.
Guess what?
That phone always shut down itself, system crushed, battery problem. And I spent a lot of money in repairing it. After repaired, the something happens again.

Cut the long story.

I got a new phone (which I am still using it for almost 2 years). It is still in a very good condition except that sometimes I tend to overcharge my phone and the battery overheat. But overall, it is still in a top condition. I learnt to appreciate what I have and I never compare myself to my friends who owns better phone than me.

Ever since I know Mr Arul, I learnt to appreciate whatever I have; whatever I listened, whatever knowledge I gained; whatever I've seen and whatever I have spoken. When I learn to appreciate, good things come unexpectedly.

Charmain.

SWO Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment